Hanqiao (Alex) Zhang
Third-year Economics Doctoral Candidate at University of California, Irvine
Bayesian Econometris · Casual Inference · Machine Learning
Analytical Report of a Social Network Dataset
- Explored characteristics of vertices and edges, built three models (KNN, Multinomial Logit Lasso, Random Forest) to predict users’ country of registration with 150 user attributes;
- Presented network topology graphs using Gephi for stratified samples with 40,000 users;
- Fitted observed network with the Exponential-family Random Graph model and interpreted the results.
Bayesian Analysis of Purchase Model based on Gaussian Copula with Sample Selection
- Proposed a two-dimensional Gaussian Copula structure with sample selection to evaluate the relationship between consumers’ brand choices and purchasing quantities;
- Applied Bayesian method to efficiently estimate model parameters using simulated dataset.
NLP with three Supervised Learning Methods
• Used the IMDb reviews data, trained a model on 50,000 sample points with natural language features and binary sentiment polarity labels. Explored classification models including Naive Bayes Classifier, Random Forest Classifier, and Convolutional Neural Network.
Sustainability of the Unified Resident Basic Pension Insurance system in China
- Compared with traditional pay-as-you-go system, analyzed the characteristics of a partially-funded mode of the unified urban & rural resident’s basic pension insurance system in China. Ran mechanism analysis;
- Derived original formula of the pension fund’s balanced-budget based on policy documents, assigned value in a few of fixed grades and did simulation calculations. Showed that recent pension fund system in China was sustainable;
- Researched chaos of multi-insurance in the unified urban & rural resident’s basic pension insurance system under the age of urbanization based on the formula and provided a few of policy suggestions.
- ECON 1: INTRO TO ECONOMICS
- ECON 15A: PROB & STATS ECON I
- ECON 15B: PROB &STATS ECON II
- ECON 20B: BASIC ECONOMICS II
- ECON 100B: INTER ECONOMICS II
- ECON 165: ECON OF INTEL BUS
Send latest updates of my blog directly to your email address